Prospective Tenant Resources
If you are in the market for your perfect rental space, you have come to the right place. Weaver Rentals has a portfolio of more than 600 units ranging in price and amenities. We pride ourselves on having an option to meet any budget! As a prospective tenant, we can help you through the process of finding and applying for the perfect rental property to maximize your college experience. Units rent quickly. Pre-leasing usually begins in October of the previous leasing year.
We have a wide variety of rentals including:
- Single Family Home
Available Rentals Schedule a ShowingApply Online
- Choose roommate(s) wisely. You will be living with them for a year.
- Tour the location(s) that meet your price, bedroom, layout, and proximity to campus needs.
- Talk to your parents or cosigner before proceeding. When we check credit, it is a soft inquiry.
- Complete a rental application and pay the non-refundable $30 application fee. This must be completed before processing can begin. We prefer that applications be completed via our website (the “Apply Online” button on this page or the “Apply” button on the top banner), but physical applications are also available in our office. Payments via debit or credit cards can be made through the link listed on our online application. Alternatively, payments can also be made in-person at our office with exact cash (no change available in office), personal check, or money order. We do not have a card reader in the office, so card payments will need to submitted online. Please be aware that a convenience fee is incurred for online payments. This fee is set by a 3rd party and Weaver Rentals does not have the ability to change it.
- Be patient as our office checks rental eligibility. This may mean that you will need to use a cosigner. For more information, please see our Application Approval Criteria page. As part of our approval process, we do complete credit check through TransUnion. If you have a security freeze with TransUnion, please either lift it for a short period of time or provide an access code.
- Look for an email or a phone call regarding the approval decision of the application. If denied, we will give you options to move forward (i.e. reapply with a cosigner/new cosigner, provide supplemental documentation, pay more of the lease upfront, etc.).
- If all applications for a group have been approved, we will move forward sending the lease to all tenants and cosigners to be signed electronically via AdobeSign. We will use the email addresses stated on the applications. The email will be coming from email@example.com. If the email is not in the inbox, please check the spam/junk folder. The actual signing process is guided by AdobeSign, which assigns specific signature spots on the lease to specific email addresses, so please do not forward the signature link to someone else. The tenant and the cosigner listed on the application and approved by our office should complete the lease, not someone else. A lease is a legally binding agreement, so we definitely want everyone to be on the same page, so if you have any questions, please contact our office prior to signing the lease.
Pay the required initial payments. A security deposit (equal to half of one month’s rent without any fees) is needed for all properties, and a $200 administrative service fee. Depending on the property and other circumstances due to the credit check result, other payments, such as first month’s rent, may be required as well. This info will be detailed on the first page of the lease. Payments can be made in-person or by mail with checks or money orders. No cash is accepted for these larger payments for security purposes. Payments can also be made online with a bank account (incurs a insert quickbooks fee) or debit/credit card (AMEX incurs a insert quickbooks fee convenience fee; all other cards incur a insert quickbooks fee convenience fee) via the Quickbooks payment system.
- Be timely. Once the lease is sent electronically, it must be signed by all parties within 72 hours to avoid potentially becoming null and void. Afterwards, initial payments are due within 72 hours of the lease being signed or risk becoming null and void.
- Stay up-to-date with our office. After completing your lease packet (signing the lease & paying all initial fees), read any emails that are sent to you regarding move-in and other updates. Make sure that your voicemail is both setup and not full – we need to be able to leave messages for you. Explore our website to understand all of the resources available to you. Finally, enjoy being a part of the Weaver Rentals family!
All of our regular leases are annual leases, which means that they run from the summer of one year to the summer of the next. We do not write short-term leases. With that stated, our current tenants may decide to sublease their unit for a portion of their lease. All subleases must be approved by our office. We do not allow partial subleases, meaning that if a person wants to sublease, they have to take control of the unit for the remainder of the leasing term. Any illegal subleases will face penalties, including, but not limited to, fines, terminations, and evictions, so please contact our office before attempting to sublease. Please follow the same application steps listed above and be sure to communicate with our office regarding the specific move-in date that you desire. Please call our office to discuss any available subleases.