Prospective Tenant Resources
If you are in the market for your perfect rental space, you have come to the right place. Weaver Rentals has a portfolio of more than 600 units ranging in price and amenities. We pride ourselves on having an option to meet any budget! As a prospective tenant, we can help you through the process of finding and applying for the perfect rental property to maximize your college experience. Units rent quickly. Pre-leasing usually begins in October of the previous leasing year.
We have a wide variety of rentals including:
- Single Family Home
Available Rentals Schedule a ShowingApply Online
- Choose roommate(s) wisely. You will be living with them for a year.
- Tour the location(s) that meet your price, bedroom, layout, and proximity to campus needs.
- Talk to your parents or cosigner before proceeding. When we check credit, it is a hard inquiry.
- Complete a rental application and pay the non-refundable $20 application fee. This must be completed before processing can begin. We prefer that applications be completed via our website (the “Apply Online” button on this page or the “Apply” button on the top banner), but physical applications are also available in our office. Payments via eChecks and credit cards can be made through a link listed on our online application. Alternatively, payments can also be made in-person at our office with exact cash (no change available in office), personal, check, or money order. Please be aware that there is an additional processing/convenience fee for online payments, which is set by a 3rd party.
- Be patient as our office checks rental eligibility. This may mean that you will need to use a cosigner. For more information, please see our Application Approval Criteria page. As part of our approval process, we do complete credit check through TransUnion. If you have a security freeze with TransUnion, please either lift it for a short period of time or provide an access code.
- Look for our call regarding the decision regarding the approval or rejection of the application.
- If an application is approved, schedule a time to review and sign the lease agreement in our office. We prefer to review the lease with the tenant to reduce confusion and ensure understanding of the lease terms. A lease is a legally binding agreement, so we definitely want everyone to be on the same page. If you cannot complete an in-person lease signing, we do have the option of completing the process digitally via AdobeSign. Please let our office know if you would rather complete the lease electronically.
- Pay the required initial payments. A security deposit (equal to one month’s rent) is needed for all properties. Depending on the property and other special circumstances, other payments, such as first month’s rent, may be required as well. This info will be detailed on the first page of the lease.
- Make sure that your cosigner reviews and signs his/her portion of the lease. Due to cosigners typically not being close to the office, we utilize a signing platform called AdobeSign, which uses digital signatures. The lease will be sent to the email address currently on file for the cosigner as listed on the tenant’s rental application, so please make sure it is correct.
- Be timely. Once the lease is sent to the cosigner, the entire lease packet (lease, initial payments due) must be completed within 10 days to avoid potentially becoming null and void.
- Stay up-to-date. Read any emails that are sent to you regarding move-in and other updates. Make sure that your voicemail is both setup and not full – we need to be able to leave messages for you. Explore our website to understand all of the resources available to you. Enjoy being a part of the Weaver Rentals family!
All of our regular leases are annual leases, which means that they run from the summer of one year to the summer of the next. We do not write short-term leases. With that stated, our current tenants may decide to sublease their unit for a portion of their lease. All subleases must be approved by our office. We do not allow partial subleases, meaning that if a person wants to sublease, they have to take control of the unit for the remainder of the leasing term. Any illegal subleases will face penalties, including, but not limited to, fines, terminations, and evictions, so please contact our office before attempting to sublease. Please follow the same application steps listed above and be sure to communicate with our office regarding the specific move-in date that you desire. Please call our office to discuss any available subleases.