1. What is the move-in date?
Please consult your Lease Agreement for your move-in date. Our standard move-in date is August 1st after 4pm or August 15th after 4pm. We will contact you if an early move-in is possible. Please do not contact our office requesting to move in early. It is usually just luck that a unit is ready early.
2. Can I put my belongings in the unit early?
No. We are on a tight schedule to get each unit ready before your move-in date. We do not allow belongings to be put into the unit prior to the start of your lease. Doing so is considered trespassing. There is usually a week gap between rental dates. We suggest you secure a storage unit and split the space with a friend. Units near campus fill up quickly so do not wait too long to reserve one.
3. What is the due date for rent?
All rent is due on the 1st day of each month and considered late if not received by the end of day on 5th of each month. If you stop by our office after hours, place rent in the drop slot located on the front door. No exceptions will be made for months when the 5th falls on a weekend. Please be sure to make appropriate arrangements.
4. How can I pay rent?
- Rent can be submitted to our office by check or money order. Cash is not accepted. If you need to get a money order, visit Publix, Post Office, or your bank.
- Enroll in our ACH (e-check) program. You must complete the ‘Enroll in ACH’ form. You will receive an email each month with a link to pay rent through your bank account. There is a one-time enrollment fee of $10 and a per transaction fee of $1.
- Pay via credit card. You must complete the ‘Pay by Credit Card’ form. There is a one-time enrollment fee of $10. We do not suggest this option due to the surcharge of 3% that will be added to the invoice. This option is best only if you do not have money in your bank account to pay and need to use a credit card.
5. What is the penalty for paying late?
The penalty for late payments is 25% of the rent amount. The late fee is steep so make sure to get rent in on-time. We have several payment options to assist you. We do allow one late payment without a fee assuming the rent is paid in a timely manner.
6. Do I have to setup my own utilities?
In most cases, yes. Please consult your Lease Agreement (page 2) to determine which utilities are required by you. For your convenience important contacts
7. Do you allow pets?
No. We do not allow pets at any of our properties. If you have a legitimate service animal the proper paperwork must be submitted and our lawyer will review it. Due to the increase in fraudulent requests this process can take several weeks to complete. No animal is allowed on the premises without our written consent. Most of our properties have cameras that are reviewed periodically to ensure this policy and others are not violated.
8. Do you allow guest parking?
No. Due to space issues we do not allow guest parking at any of our properties. Towing is enforced and will be done so at the expense of the vehicle owner.
9. What is your sublease policy?
Tenants are allowed to sublease if our office provides written consent. To get written consent, the prospective tenant must follow the standard leasing process. If you have a roommate(s), he/she must approve of the new tenant since leases are signed jointly liable. If you sublease, the deposit will be forfeited per the Lease Agreement.
10. Is the deposit considered the last month’s rent?
No. The deposit is separate from last month’s rent. It will be returned less cleaning fees and damages within 60 days of lease completion.